Whether you sell Plunder Jewelry, essential oils, home goods or cooking products, the time will come every year in your direct sales business when you will transition to a new catalog and product. Direct Sales, like every retail business, must continually create new and exciting products to remain competitive.
So, what should you do when a new catalog is coming and current, retiring items are selling out? Or when you are anxiously waiting new products to launch and still have a lot of retiring inventory to sell?
Here are 8 Tips to Making Catalog Transition Work for You:
- Put together and sell Grab Bags of your overstock product in your Facebook VIP group. I recently put together 20 grab bags each with 4-5 pieces of gorgeous Plunder Jewelry for $25. My customers receive much more jewelry for their money, and I got rid of my stock of retiring items. Extra hint: If your product is jewelry or similar, create grouping of like items or items that go well together.
- Do a Live Sale or Auction in your VIP Group. If you didn’t get rid of all your jewelry via the grab bag sales or you want to mix it up and do something different, go live and sell your overstock products. Number each item and let your viewers know the price. First person to comment with that number plus “SOLD” gets the item. Or photograph and post items for sale in your VIP group with a starting bid price, then let your customers bid on them auction style (setting a time limit deadline for bidding).
- Schedule and host a Re-launch Party and sell your in-stock and/or retiring items only. Let your customers know there will be discounts, sales and specials. Add refreshments and door prizes and you have yourself a party. Again, try to style and price your overstock as a grouping of complementary items.
- Gift your overstock or retiring merchandise to your former hostesses and your best customers. Love on them a little, and let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Use the extra cash you receive from these efforts to re-invest in your business. You’ll need to purchase new product and inventory and these ideas provide great ways to have the money on hand to do so.
- Use a few pieces to offer to that person you want to host a party. Tell her if she books a party by XXX date, she’ll receive these items as a special gift from you, in addition to the regular hostess rewards you will receive.
- Leverage your business and boost you into spring!
- Take your leftover retiring catalogs and leave them at you local doctor/dentist/veterinary offices.
- Get your customers excited about the new products coming (in addition to the great deals you are currently offering on retiring items).
- Contact previous hostesses to see if they’d like to host a party when the new products come out.
Hopefully you have found at least one tip in this list that will help you boost sales and promote your direct sales business during catalog transitions.
Do you have other suggestions? If so, please post them in the comments, I would love to hear from you. How do YOU survive…and prosper…during your direct sales catalog transition?
Thank you for stopping by my blog.